The Caverns in Grundy County has revealed their first 2021 concerts with Steep Canyon Rangers (March 28), The SteelDrivers (April 10) and Del McCoury Band (April 18). All shows will take place outdoors on a beautiful hillside overlooking Payne’s Cove in socially distanced pods at a new COVID-19 compliant venue on The Caverns grounds—The Caverns Above Ground Amphitheater.
The first 2021 shows represent some of the best in bluegrass music today. All three bands are GRAMMY and IBMA winners.
Steep Canyon Rangers have collaborated with famous actor and banjo player Steve Martin as well as Philadelphia soul legends Boys II Men, all the while expanding their sound into country and Americana. Event Webpage | Direct Ticket Link
The SteelDrivers were the very first artists to perform on Bluegrass Underground over a decade ago and have appeared on the show on PBS as well. Today, this hard-edged bluegrass band is a perennial favorite of The Caverns audiences. Event Webpage | Direct Ticket Link
Del McCoury is the elder statesman of the bluegrass genre and the most awarded artist in the history of the International Bluegrass Music Association (IMBA) with 9 IBMA Entertainer of the Year Awards. Event Webpage | Direct Ticket Link
For these concerts, guests will arrive at staggered times, be asked COVID-19 screening questions, receive a temperature check, and enjoy the show from 2-person, 4-person and 6-person socially-distanced pods. Pods are spaced with a minimum of 6’ distance between each other with wide foot paths between pods to maintain social distancing. The seated concerts are “bring your own chair.”
Masks will be mandatory, except when guests are in their pods. All concessions and merchandise will be ordered through an app and delivered contactless to pods eliminating lines and limiting the need for guests to leave pods.
While the music plays on above ground, restrooms will be used inside The Caverns to give guests an opportunity to duck below the surface to see the world-famous, subterranean music venue. Restrooms will be continuously cleaned with limited capacity.
The highest priority of The Caverns is the safety of guests, crew and artists. As such, the venue is following guidance provided by the CDC and the State of Tennessee’s Tennessee Pledge for reopening.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.thecaverns.com/above-ground.
- Fri, Feb 26 @ 7:20 am
- Sat, Feb 27 @ 7:20 am
- Sun, Feb 28 @ 7:20 am
- Mon, Mar 1 @ 7:20 am
- Tue, Mar 2 @ 7:20 am
- Wed, Mar 3 @ 7:20 am
- Thu, Mar 4 @ 7:20 am
- Fri, Mar 5 @ 7:20 am
- Sat, Mar 6 @ 7:20 am
- Sun, Mar 7 @ 7:20 am
- Mon, Mar 8 @ 7:20 am
- Tue, Mar 9 @ 7:20 am
- Wed, Mar 10 @ 7:20 am
- Thu, Mar 11 @ 7:20 am
- Starting Tuesday, January 5th, 2021, repeats every day until Sunday, March 28, 2021 @ 7:20 am
- State lifts nursing home quarantine
- Tullahoma school employees get vaccinated
- Who will be crowned the next Miss Tullahoma?
- Bowling wrong on early voting bill
- Main stream media protects liberal candidates
- Nextdoor not exactly neighborly
- Trump did what was best for our country
- Thanks to our neighborhood hero
- ‘American Pickers’ pick at Couch’s Monday
- Bowling moves to strike early voting
- Tullahoma girls, boys to play for district titles
- Snow more days off: school system exhausts stockpile
- Gilbert keynote speaker for national conference
- Ferrell helps people live life outside their mortgage
- Poe makes donation to alma mater
- State lawmakers propose bills to change Tennessee's response to pandemic
- Ascend named to Training magazine’s Top 100
- Driving until the wheels fall off… or the brakes lock
Local Area Events