Nine Tullahoma City Schools educators will be honored by the school district this week for their achievements in the classroom as the annual Teacher of the Year recognition reception.
The honorees will be celebrated at 5 p.m. tomorrow, April 16, at the school administration building, located at 510 S. Jackson St.
The district honors one teacher from each of the elementary and middle schools and three high school educators each year at the annual ceremony.
In addition to being honored as the building winners, one honoree from each school level is also selected to be a districtwide honoree. These honorees are then eligible to compete for the state-level competition.
This year’s building winners are as follows:
- Loyce Sisco, Bel-Aire Elementary School
- Mallory Taylor, East Lincoln Elementary School
- Amber Gluch, Jack T. Farrar Elementary School
- Laura Lockmiller, Robert E. Lee Elementary School
- Jennifer Lester, East Middle School
- Cori Cole, West Middle School
- Richard Ramirez, Dean Rodenbeck and Candace Terry, Tullahoma High School
The district-level winners for this year are Loyce Sisco (elementary), Jennifer Lester (middle) and Richard Ramirez (high school).
The public is invited to attend the recognition celebration.
Erin McCullough may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.