AEDC at 75: Air Force turns over compressor facility
Col. L.E. Cox, engineer with the Tullahoma District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, left, prepares to turn the Arnold Engineering Development Center Engine Test Facility Exhaust Compressor Building over to then-AEDC Commander Brig. Gen. Samuel Harris, center, during a Nov. 30, 1953, ceremony at the Center. Harris then indorsed the building and equipment over to Thomas Farrell, managing director of Arnold Research Organization, right. ARO was the corporation established to maintain and operate AEDC. In the background is one of the six compressors contained within the Exhaust Compressor Building which, up to that point, was the largest single unit completed at AEDC.
BRAD HICKS AEDC Contributor The reins of the largest single Arnold Engineering Development Center unit completed up to that point were handed to the Center’s…